*Some of these events may differ slightly from the events of the real life feud.
- Bette Davis signs a contract with Warner Brothers Entertainment.
- Joan Crawford begins dating actor Franchot Tone.
- Bette Davis stars in the film Dangerous with Franchot Tone.
- Bette tries to sleep with Franchot, while he is still in a relationship with Joan.
- Joan Crawford marries Franchot out of spite.
- Bette wins the Academy Award for Best Actress in Dangerous.
- Joan sends Bette a bouquet and a congratulatory note, but receives no response.
- Bette Davis sues Jack Warner to be released from her contract with Warner Brothers.
- Jack wins the suit and Bette is forced to remain working for him.
- Joan Crawford divorces Franchot Tone, blaming Bette for the failure of their marriage.
- Joan Crawford signs a contract with Warner Brothers.
- Joan tries to convince Jack Warner to make a film adaptation of Ethan Frome, requesting that she play Mattie, the pretty young servant, with Bette Davis playing Zeena, the old hag of a wife.
- Jack denies the proposal.
- Joan Crawford stars in the crime drama Mildred Pierce.
- Joan wins the Academy Award for Best Actress in Mildred Pierce.
- Bette Davis stars in the drama film All About Eve.
- Bette gets married to her All About Eve co-star, Gary Merrill.
- Joan marries Alfred Steele, CEO of Pepsi-Cola.
- Joan's husband, Alfred, passes away from a heart attack.
- Joan becomes the brand ambassador for Pepsi.
- Bette Davis and Gary Merrill star in the touring play, The World of Carl Sandburg.
- Bette replaces Gary in favor of a different co-star, Barry Sullivan.
- Joan Crawford begins dating Peter.
- Marilyn Monroe receives the Golden Globe for Best Actress.
- A jealous Joan Crawford stumbles out of the Globes in a drunken tirade.
- Hedda Hopper blackmails Joan into releasing a controversial statement about Monroe's win.
- Joan comes across Henry Farrell's suspense novel, What Ever Happened to Baby Jane?.
- Joan sends the novel to director Robert Aldrich.
- Pauline Jameson encourages Robert to turn Baby Jane into a film.
- Robert and Joan agree to do the film together.
- Bette Davis stars in a Broadway play titled The Night of the Iguana.
- Joan goes to see the play to convince Bette to sign on to Baby Jane in the title role.
- Robert Aldrich releases his film Sodom and Gomorrah, marking a low point in his career.
- Robert writes the script for Baby Jane himself.
- Robert convinces Jack Warner to distribute What Ever Happened to Baby Jane? under his company.
- Robert takes out a second mortgage on his house to finance the picture.
- Bette and Joan promote the film and sign their contracts.
- Gary and Bette sign their divorce agreement.
- Filming for What Ever Happened to Baby Jane? begins.
- Bette gets paid more money than Joan.
- Bette criticizes Joan and tries to tell her how to portray her character.
- Bette personally designs her iconic look for her character "Baby Jane".
- Hedda hosts a dinner at her house for Bette and Joan in an attempt to get the latest gossip.
- Hedda publishes an article for Dateline: Los Angeles about the monumental pairing of Bette and Joan in Baby Jane.
- Hedda dies on February 1.
- Joan dies on May 10.
- Olivia de Havilland and Joan Blondell give separate interviews at the Dorothy Chandler Pavilion in Los Angeles, California for a documentary about the rivalry between Bette Davis and Joan Crawford.
- Jack dies on September 9.
- Joan Blondell dies on December 25.
- Victor dies on January 1.
- Bob dies on December 5.
- Bette dies on October 6.